Technical reference page: 42
4WS setup procedure - linear transducers
1) Check Tracking
has been set - Front 0.5-2mm toe in - Rear 0.5-2mm toe out.
2) Check steering stops have been set to give 31° (max) steering angle. Adjust rams if necessary to utilise full ram travel.
3) Set front and rear wheels straight ahead. Use manual lever on Danfoss proportional valve to set rear wheels - after starting engine but before activating system. Use straight edges down both sides of machine, not forgetting to allow for toe in/out.
4) Clamp markers to springs and mark track rods to indicate central positions of both axles.
5) Set all 4 potentiometers on Danfoss control box fully anti-clockwise and then turn pot no 4 (bottom one) clockwise (about halfway) for a fast response speed.
6) Activate system with engine running and front wheels set in central position and set control to 4WS
7) Adjust pot 3 to get rear wheels into central position ensuring that front wheels remain in central position all the time.
8) Switch to 2WS and if the rear wheels move from the central position, adjust the small trimmer beneath the Danfoss box to line them back up again - again ensuring that the front wheels remain in the central position.
9) To check both adjustments switch from 2WS to 4WS and back again with the front wheels in the central position And, if correctly set, the rear wheels should not move.
10) Turn front
wheels into each full lock in turn and check to see if rear wheels
are moving an equal amount. If not adjust as follows: